Brother-Sister Relationship (Blood Relation or Made by choice)

With my recent experience my view on relationship between Brother and Sister is totally changed. I always believed that the relation between brother and sister is the relation between hearts, the respect, the feeling of being siblings by Nature’s choice or by our own choice. But now I found it that it’s not the case always. Some people think that if we are becoming brother and sister by choice not due to some blood relation then the other person don’t have the right to express his/her views or have any right to say anything to the other person. This is simple because the other person is making you his/her sibling from pure heart and is abiding the glory of the relation, but you are thinking the person is not your sibling with respect to blood line, so he/she don’t have any right.

You tell me, is it the nice,good thinking or the worse one? Is this really advisable to make someone your sibling if you are not having that feeling of relationship and if you are not able to abide by the emotional connection with the other person? As per my observation I would say a big Noooooo. Why? It is because other person may be feeling the strength of this relation and get emotionally attached while the other person is not. Thus, it is going to break the heart, the belief, the emotional attachment of the person, in turn this may make him heartless creature.

My personal experience is that whenever I said anyone my sister, it meant that I am connecting with them emotionally as a brother, and got the same response from them as a sister would respond. It showed the affection, caring and loving nature between the siblings. It always inspired me that I am having so wonderful sisters who love me and are there for me always. But for the first time, I am sad. This is the girl whom I accepted as my sister whole heartedly, with complete intentions and will to take care of her, and keep her happy. I loved her more than other sisters, but she made me realise the pain of not being the blood siblings. Hope she understands that blood siblings are type of forced siblings about whom you can’t do anything. But choosing anyone as a sibling means that you felt like that and you feels that the person has those characteristics. You are not forced to have the person as your sibling. It’s your choice to accept or not. But once you accept the person as your sibling then you have to maintain the dignity of relation, there is no use of saying that you are my brother/sister because I had accepted you like that. When, you are giving the person the status of brother then by default you are giving him the right to take care of you, to keep you safe, to keep you away from dangers and make you feel that you both are no less than friends, you can share whatever you want to share and talk about. And if he insecure regarding you, then your brother loves you a lot and want all the good in the world for you, he can’t see you getting hurt due to any reason.

The relation between you should be like that you feel to say
Because I have a BROTHER/SISTER, I’ll always have a FRIEND.


As per our culture in India, we all know what happens when you are building up this divine relationship with someone. It becomes our whole and sole responsibility to take care of the person. Brothers, take care that the sister is not in any problem, she is not going wrong, her security, keep her away from problems, respect and take care of her when she is ill. In short pour as much love as possible. As a sister the responsibilities changes to care, love, respect and importance over others. This is the only thing we all need, the basic being love, care and respect

While ending this, I would suggest you people if you are accepting someone as you sibling, please do pour this the above mentioned emotions on him/her, and you will feel the difference. You will how open and true your sibling can be to you. If you are not feeling the sibling relationship feelings then say no to this relation. It’s not some bf-gf relation, its brother-sister relation. If you are true to yourself and you know that you can handle it, then only accept or propose the other person to be your sister/brother. It’s a great responsibility, which gets heavier day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute and second by second.


        Brother and sister are 
Separated by distance, Joined by Love. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basics - Equity Market vs Equity Funds

Love - An Integral Part of Life

Financial Literacy - Legacy Planning