Friendship - A Lifetime Bond

It is something I admire most and rely on. So, from first line I apologize if you feel that I am being biased. Before starting to talk about it, you are requested to think of at least one person whom you think is your best pal. What do you think make you feel so close to the person you call as your best pal? Is it the fun you had together or may be same tastes or is that you enjoy each other’s company..

Feel the Depth of Friendship
I would say in you can define a reason that why you are besties, then you are not close enough. Friendship is a relation that cannot be defined. Friendship is collaborative, it means that each and every relation can be found in friendship. You just name it mother’s care, father’s guidance, sibling’s mischievous activities, lover’s love… you may keep thinking and adding the relation’s to the list, it’s never ending. But for sure there are rules in this relationship as well.. What I feel is not the thing that I want to you to feel. But as per my past experiences and the observation, I assume that you all would be with me regarding these rules. These are some basic rules that some people forget and end up fighting with their loving friends. So, what those basic rules are that cherish friendship, in fact every relationship.

Trust is the most important thing which makes our relationships work perfectly well. If I don’t trust you than how can you expect me to tell you those things which I share with other close ones. This is the most important rule of friendship. Never Break the TRUST. If you don’t want to share something then you can simply say that you don’t feel to share instead of lying. But this does not follow with the close friends or I would say best friends. You can’t hide anything from them even if you want. They will somehow get to know, then why not tell them everything up hand. They should not feel that they are not worthy or important in your life. Hiding will only make them walk away from your life. So, I would suggest don’t hide or lie to best friends.

Understanding is another important aspect. You need to give time and try understand the other person properly. You should not judge the person so easily. It needs through understanding of behavior, mind-set, way of talking, what topics are delicate, etc.. We need to understand when our friend really need us even if they don’t tell us, it should be understood just from their eyes, behavior, way of talking.. Relationship with besties should be like a mother and child, mother understands her child is having some problem even when it’s not told to her.

Importance is the other aspect of friendship. Once you are very good friend with someone and know each other well then you both will understand the situation of each other. But when it’s a fresh or new friendship building up, it’s very important. You need to give them attention and importance. Simple thing is if I am your friend or you see it other way round if you are my friend, then you will want that I should give you importance over others. It doesn't mean that I should be partial, it simply means that you are important for me.

These are the main things which I think everyone would agree to. These are pillars of friendship, and all are interconnected. It is just like a mesh structure, if one is damaged then it is going to affect other pillars too. Calling someone friend doesn't mean that person is your friend. It simply is the first step towards friendship. The other person have to walk the same distance as you do, to make the bond strong. Relationship with best friends are like tangled hairs, you never know how they got tangled and how to untangle them. Friends are like siblings, it’s very common between best friends that they become part of each other’s family and are treated like one. As I usually say to my bestie that he is “My Brother from another Mother”.

It’s a famous one liner stating that “A Good Friend knows all your best stories, but A Best Friend had lived them with you”. That’s the differentiator. So, my friends cherish the friendship and never forget that/those friend's who was/were in your mind from the first line. They are those mischievous characters who would make a lot of difference if they are not there. No one can take their space in your life.

In the end I would like to state another true one liner. It would be

“FRIENDS ARE LIKE A WALL, SOMETIMES YOU LEAN ON THEM AND SOMETIMES ITS JUST ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT THEY ARE THERE”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basics - Equity Market vs Equity Funds

Love - An Integral Part of Life

Financial Literacy - Legacy Planning